We’re partnering with Creativebug to bring you this Baby Blanket Crochet-Along! Designer Edie Eckman has created a beautiful blanket with two styles of squares. The four-week-long crochet-along has videos on how to make each of the squares, how to join them, and how to make the border.
- Red Heart With Love: 1 skein each in 1701 Hot Pink, 1101Eggshell, and 1201 Daffodil
- Susan Bates Crochet Hook: size US K-10 ½ (or size needed to get gauge)
- Tapestry needle
- Ruler or tape measure
How to Participate
The patterns for each square and for the completed blanket will be free on RedHeart.com. The first video is available on Creativebug’s YouTube channel. Watch the first two videos with your free 2-week trial of Creativebug. After the trial period, Creativebug is only $4.95 per month for an all-access subscription. For every month you subscribe, you’ll be able to save one class permanently even if your subscription lapses.
- Thursday, March 26: Square A (free pattern)
- Thursday, April 2: Square B (free pattern)
- Thursday, April 9: Join the Squares (free pattern)
- Thursday, April 16: Add a Crocheted Edging