We love to see your pictures of projects you’ve made using Red Heart yarn! Sometimes people have questions about the best way to share these photos with us and with other fans, so we’ve made a quick list of tips for you.
- Make sure the picture is nice looking — use natural light, don’t have a cluttered background, and don’t make it tiny. You can see more tips in our Tips on Photography blog.
- Always use a caption! Include which Red Heart yarn you used. If you used a free pattern from Red Heart.com you can include the name and/or number of the pattern, or even a link. If you used a pattern you made up, make sure to say so. Many times other fans are inspired by the image and want to make a version for themselves.
- Use a hashtag if appropriate. For example, we just sponsored the #MarlysShawlKAL. By using the hashtag, everyone can see the projects made during the KAL.
- Post the photo to our wall. To post to the wall, go to our Facebook page and look at the main right-hand column under the cover photo. You should see a box to type in. You can drag-and-drop a picture, or use the photo uploader to browse for a picture. You can then type your caption into the box and post it.
- If you send the picture in a message, only those of us at Red Heart can see and admire your picture. We also cannot share the picture if you send it to us in a message.
- Post the picture to your Tumblr account and tag us @redheartyarns.
- Post the picture to your Google+ account and tag us in it.
Image in header via Lesley Graham on Facebook.