Fond Crochet Memories

Do you remember a special knit or crochet gift you were given?  I remember several, but there is one that stands out in my mind.  It was the 80’s and rainbows were all the rage in teen girl room décor!  I know I am dating myself, but I know some of you out there can relate!  My next door neighbor crocheted a beautiful ripple afghan to my specifications out of 5 solid shades of yarn, it was likely Red Heart Classic at that time.  After we bought the yarn, I remember I could barely stand the wait to get the finished product.  Finally it was done and it exceeded my expectations and spent many happy years on my bed!   Continue reading “Fond Crochet Memories”

2011 Special Olympics USA Scarf Project

Calling all knitters and crocheters! Pull out your needles and hooks for the 2011 Special Olympics USA Scarf Project sponsored by Red Heart. The 2011 Official Colors are Red Heart Super Saver Yarns 886-Blue and Red Heart Super Saver Yarns 512-Turqua. The colors as well as the size (6″ x 54″-60″) of the scarves will be the same for all participating Programs in the 2011 Special Olympics USA Scarf Project. You can purchase the yarn online at ShopRedHeart.com.

Continue reading “2011 Special Olympics USA Scarf Project”