Red Heart Lovers Group on Ravelry Knit and Crochet Along

Ravelry logoWe at Red Heart are so proud to know that there are groups formed to come together and support each other through tough projects, offer encouragement, share their knowledge and even their yarn stashes. One of those groups is the Red Heart Lovers Group on Ravelry. They have been busy putting together an exciting Knit and Crochet Along for the month of October. If you are a beginner or just need some knit and crochet friends you should check out this group. See below for more information:

Continue reading “Red Heart Lovers Group on Ravelry Knit and Crochet Along”

Generosity for Madagascar Exhibit

Generosity for Madagascar Exhibit

By Michael Sellick

We are continuing to receive donations from fans around the world for the Stranded and Tangled in Madagascar Exhibit at Creativ Festival. Donations have come in from Dubai, France, UK, USA and Canada so far. Our booth will be the island of Madagascar for the next show. Some of the characters are tiny while others are oversized. We have over 200 creatures and landscape entries so far.

Continue reading “Generosity for Madagascar Exhibit”

I love YARN DAY…FIBER FLASH MOB

There will be hundreds of thousands of fiber lovers plying their needles and hooks this October in celebration of I Love Yarn Day, the second Friday in October. What started as a lark four years ago by a group of yarn enthusiasts inviting people to share their fiber passion has turned into a viral event that last year trended on Twitter. We are busy planning an event near our offices in Ballantyne….south Charlotte in North Carolina. Continue reading “I love YARN DAY…FIBER FLASH MOB”

Join Mikey’s Pact: Summer Stitch-cation

From Guest Blogger, Mikey from the Crochet Crowd:

I’m at it again with another amazing afghan project. I’ve been digging through the Red Heart patterns to locate a perfect project for the summer long crochet challenge. In reviewing his inbox of ‘wish list requests’ from fans, he realized that people really want to explore stitches so they may learn and grow.

I’ve located an afghan that explores 10 different stitches. These are stitches that you can learn and use on future projects. I will have the patterns and videos ready for you. Continue reading “Join Mikey’s Pact: Summer Stitch-cation”

Yarn Bombing – You’re Invited

Who: Anyone who wants to knit or crochet an 8″ x 8″ inch square or 8″ x 16″ rectangle is invited to participate. Yarn-Bomb_Invite

What: Help us take Manchester by storm and donate a knitted or crocheted square or rectangle swatch to our Yarn Bombing event. All are encouraged to participate in the event whether you are a knitter or crocheter. Not attending the conference? That’s okay too! Get your guild or chapter involved, create swatches, and follow the conference on Instagram to see images of our Yarn Bomb while we are at the show! Manchester will have a whole new appreciation for our industry after we dress the town in all of the colorful swatches! Items left at the end will be pieced together into blankets and scarves and donated to local charities. Continue reading “Yarn Bombing – You’re Invited”

Boston Marathon Scarf Project

To remember those whose lives were taken, brave responders, and those still recovering from the Boston Marathon tragedy, the Old South Church in Boston is putting together the Marathon Scarf Project.  They are collecting handmade (knit or crochet) scarves for runners of the Boston Marathon. Organizers of this project say, “In this year of Remembrance and Hope, our vision is to wrap each runner in the love poured into stitches of handmade blue and yellow scarves. We promise to wrap runners in your love until all your scarves are distributed.”

Continue reading “Boston Marathon Scarf Project”