Confused about how to find a pattern on redheart.com? We have step-by-step instructions so you can find the free crochet and knitting patterns that you love to make.
Want to see what types of patterns are available with certain parameters? Browse the collection!
1. Go to redheart.com.
2. Click on Patterns in the top navigation bar.
If you know you only want one type of pattern, such as only crochet patterns, you can go ahead and click on that type of pattern in the navigation dropdown.
3. Use the filters on the left to narrow down the type of pattern you’re looking for.
There are several main ways to filter.
- Pattern For: Baby, Home, Women, etc.
- Pattern Type: Crochet, Knit, or Craft
- Project Type: Accessory, Hat, Throw/Afghan, etc.
- Skill Level: Beginner, Easy, Intermediate, Experienced
- Pattern Brand: Super Saver, Unforgettable, With Love, Soft, etc.
All of the filters built on top of each other. If you filter for crochet patterns and then add knit patterns, all patterns that are crochet OR knitting will come up. If you filter by Super Saver and then by With Love, all patterns that are made in Super Saver AND all patterns that are made with With Love will show. If you filter by crochet patterns, knitting patterns, Super Saver patterns, and With Love patterns, you’ll get all the crochet patterns that use Super Saver, all the crochet patterns that use With Love, all the knitting patterns that use Super Saver, and all the knitting patterns that use With Love.
4. Adjust the number of results per page and the type of search results shown (list or grid) to better tailor the experience to your tastes.
5. When you find a pattern you like, click on the picture and the pattern will open in the same tab. Download the free pattern, or save the pattern for later in your wishlist.
Know the name or number of the pattern you want? Search for it!
1. Type the name or number in the top search bar. Hit Enter or click on the magnifying glass.
2. A grid of photos will come up. If you typed in a number, choose the one on the top left.
If you typed in a name, look at the names and photos for the pattern you want.