Marly Bird has a new knit-along! Together we’ll be making this gorgeous Garter Stitch Shawl. The shawl has a written pattern plus a great video tutorial from Marly for each section. Below is the list of supplies, the schedule, the links to the instructions, and information about giveaways. The KAL started on March 30, 2016 and the final video will be posted on April 20. If you are joining us later, the pattern and videos will remain up. Keep reading to learn the supplies, schedule, and our giveaways.
A knit-along (or crochet-along) is when a group of people work together on the same pattern. This way, you’ll have people to ask for ideas and help each step of the way. This KAL has a dedicated Facebook group you can join to share your progress, ask pictures, and get tips from Marly — plus enter to win giveaways. Use the hashtag #MarlysShawlKAL to share on other social media platforms.
- Red Heart Soft: 2 balls color A, 1 ball color B, 2 balls color C
- First colorway: 9870 Deep Sea A, 4420 Guacamole B, and 9518 Teal C
- Second colorway: 9440 Light Grey Heather A, 9925 Really Red B, and 9518 Teal C
- Third colorway (shown in intro video below): 9440 Light Grey Heather A, 9779 Berry B, and 9010 Charcoal C
- Fourth colorway (shown in intro video below): 9440 Light Grey Heather A, 9770 Rose Blush B, and 9010 Charcoal C
- Fifth colorway (shown in intro video below): 9440 Light Grey Heather A, 9820 Mid Blue C, and 9010 Charcoal C
- Sixth colorway (shown in later videos): 9440 Light Grey Heather A, 9114 Honey B, and 9820 Mid Blue C
- Seventh colorway (shown in later videos): 9440 Light Grey Heather A, 9779 Berry B, and 9010 Charcoal C
- Eighth colorway (shown in later videos): 4600 White A, 9251 Coral B, and 2515 Turquoise C
- Susan Bates Knitting Needles: 5.5mm (US 9) 24″ long and 36″ long or longer
- Stitch markers
- Yarn needle
Each week Marly will release a new video for the KAL, listed below. The written pattern will be on Marly’s site each week, and then you can download the full written pattern once the KAL is complete. You can also see the videos and pattern links in the Facebook group and on Marly’s YouTube channel. All of the materials will stay available after the KAL finishes.
- Week 1 March 30: Garter Stitch Pattern Video and Written Pattern
- Week 2 April 6: Stripes Pattern Video and Written Pattern
- Week 3 April 13: Seed Stitch Pattern Video and Written Pattern
- Week 4 April 20: Applied I-Cord Video and Written Pattern
Each week in the KAL, post your picture of your progress in the Facebook group and we will choose 1 winner to get a $25 prize pack. At the end of the KAL, we will invite you to submit a photo of your completed shawl. From the submissions we will randomly choose 3 winners to win a $50 Red Heart prize pack!
Post your pictures in the Facebook group before Tuesday at 11:59 PM Mountain Time (Marly’s time zone) to be entered. Winners will be announced on Wednesdays.