Craft an adorable bunny to give your home a cute Easter vibe! Mopsy Bunny is happy and content spending time on any table, shelf or mantel…actually anywhere in the house is fine with this honey of a bunny. Her furry coat is simply a layer of Red Heart Fur yarn wrapped around an egg-shaped foam craft ball. Here are the instructions for making Mopsy.
What you will need:
- RED HEART Boutique Fur: 1 ball of 9100 Polar
- RED HEART With Love: 5 yards of 1704 Bubblegum (for tail)
- Egg-shaped craft foam 2 13/16 in x 3 7/8 in (71mm x 98 mm)
- Ears and feet: Small piece of bright pink felt
- Eyes and nose: ½ in (13mm) buttons, two black and one pink
- Straight pins, fabric glue, fork, scissors
- Print out of pattern for ear and foot
Step 1: Using pattern and felt, cut out two ears and two feet.
Step 2: Wrap foam egg with one layer of Fur yarn, using straight pins to hold in place.
Step 3: Glue feet to bottom of wrapped egg.
Step 4: Fold lower end of felt ear in half and glue to hold. Referring to photo, glue to top side of egg holding it in place with a pin until dry. Repeat for second ear.
Step 5: Glue buttons in place for eyes and nose.
Step 6: Make pompom for tail (see how-to below) and glue in place.
Making a Pompom on a Fork
Step 1: Cut a ½ yd (.46 m) piece of yarn and place between center prongs of fork.
Step 2: Cut a 4 yd (3.7 m) piece of yarn and wrap around fork prongs.
Step 3: Using the ½ yd (.46 m) piece of yarn tie tightly around wraps and knot.
Step 4: Slip wraps off of fork and cut the loops on both sides of tie.
Step 5: Trim pompom to give it a round shape.