Have knitting and crocheting been added to the list of new Olympic sports this year you ask? Not officially at the London games, but at Ravelry they are gearing up and medals (AKA blog badges) will be awarded!
What’s it all about? Pick an event, create a project page with special tags, and cast on with thousands of other ravlethes to compete to finish projects during the olympic games.
Official Dates July 27 – Aug 12, 2012
When does it start? 7:30pm BST (6:30pm GMT)
Here’s a list of potential events just to give you an idea of what is to come:
* Afghan Marathon: blankets and afghans
* Baby Dressage: anything baby and kid related
* Bag-n-Tote Backstroke: bags of all sizes, shapes, uses
* Cable Steeplechase: All things cabeled, of course.
* Felted Freestyle: anything made then felted
* Hat Dash: hats
* Home-Stuff Hammerthrow: stuff for the home. Includes dishcloths.
* Mitten Medley: mitts, gloves, hand warmers
* Scarf Stroke: scarves and scarf-sized projects
* Shawl Relay: anything bigger than a scarf: stoles, wraps, etc.
* Sock Put: socks and things that go on the feet.
Click here for more details and rules on Ravelympics.
The Red Heart group has a team that is gearing up for the festivities. Click on the link to find out more and join!
Join in, have fun and root for your favorite athletes and stitchers. Happy Stitching!