We hope that you will participate and donate to Project Linus. It is a nationwide organization whose goal is to comfort children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need. Just like Charles Schulz’s Linus character from the PEANUTS® comic strip was comforted by his blanket, the idea behind Project Linus is that children who receive donated blankets will be provided with love, a sense of security, warmth, and comfort.
The afghan drive will run from June 1, 2012-July 15, 2012. Once you have completed your blanket, please ship it to us at the address below. We will then hand-deliver your blankets to the Chicagoland chapter of Project Linus. Before doing so, however, we will randomly select one (1) winner to be the recipient of Red Heart Yarns prize package worth over $100 retail value!
When making your blanket (knit, crochet, or otherwise), please keep in mind these important guidelines:
- Keep fabric designs age appropriate. For example, yellow ducks would be perfect for a baby blanket while a college sports theme design would be appropriate for an older child.
- The blankets must be washable and can be knitted, crocheted, quilted or crafted from fleece.
- There is always a need for large and unisex blankets. Please consider making a blanket that is appropriate for a girl or a boy.
- Mended Little Heart (Receiving Blankets) -36″ x 36″
- Baby/Toddler-36″ X 36″/36″x43″
- Preteen-40″ X 60″
- Teen-50″ X 72″
Please ship your completed blankets to:
Charity Blanket Drive
3400 Dundee Rd #220
Northbrook, IL 60062
Have any questions? Please visit the Chicagoland Project Linus homepage, or read their Frequently Asked Questions. Please help spread the word about this amazing opportunity to craft a homemade blanket for a great cause.