1. ELIGIBILITY: Red Heart’s Throw of the Month Giveaway (the “Giveaway”) is open only to everyone over the age of 18 with access to the Internet at all times during the Giveaway and subsequent prize-award period. All employees of Coats & Clark, Inc. (“Sponsor”), all associated agencies and each of their respective affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Sponsor, collectively referred to as “Giveaway Entities”), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible to participate in the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway entry period begins at 9:01 a.m. EST on January 1, 2015 and ends at 5:00 p.m. EST on December 31, 2015 (the “Giveaway Period”). Five (5) Winners will be selected each month of the year from entries properly submitted and timely received during the Giveaway Period.
3. GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: During the Giveaway Period, you may submit an entry form online at http://blog.redheart.com/featured-throw-month/. Enter your name and email address, and click “Submit.” Limit One (1) Online Entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household each month during the Giveaway Period via Online Entry, regardless of whether a person has more than one address or more than one person uses the same address.
4. PUBLICITY: As a condition of entry into the Giveaway, except where prohibited by law, each entrant and each winner by accepting a prize grants to Sponsor and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns and licensees, all right, title and interest in to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Giveaway entrant’s name, city, state, and biographical material (collectively, “Licensed Rights”) in any media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval of the winner. Where necessary, the winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability and Publicity Release within five (5) business days of attempted notification or the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected.
5. SELECTION OF GIVEAWAY WINNERS/ODDS: The potential monthly winner will be selected in a random drawing to be held on the first day of the next month. Winner will be selected from entries received during the monthly Giveaway Period. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Giveaway Period. The potential winner will be notified via email to the email address submitted with the potential winner’s entry within two (2) weeks after the drawing. The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor, the judge of the Giveaway, whose decisions on all matters relating to the Giveaway shall be final and binding. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected at random. Any return of prize notification or prize email as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any prize and an alternate winner may, at Sponsor’s discretion, be randomly selected.
6. PRIZES: Five (5) Yarn Prize Packages each month will be awarded. Approximate retail value of each prize package will range from $25-$75. Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. No substitutions allowed.
7. ALTERNATIVE MEANS OF ENTRY: You may also enter the Giveaway by mailing a standard-size postcard with your name, email address, and mailing address to: Red Heart’s Throw of the Month Giveaway, c/o Coats & Clark, 3430 Toringdon Way, Suite 301, Charlotte, NC 28277. Postcard entries must be postmarked during the Giveaway Period to be included within the random drawing, and no more than one postcard/email address may be submitted during the Giveaway Period.
8. GENERAL RULES: By entering or participating in the Giveaway, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Giveaway Entities are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information or technical failures of any kind, (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway; or (3) any other computer, network, technical, human or other error, problem or malfunction that may occur in connection with the administration of the Giveaway, the processing of entries, or the selection or notification of winners. Further, if, for any reason, the Giveaway is not capable of running as planned for reasons outside the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Giveaway (or portion thereof), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway (or portion thereof). Sponsor also reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify the Entry of any individual found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or any website operated by the Giveaway Entities; (b) using any robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods, which will void all such entries; (c) violating these Official Rules or the terms of service, conditions of use, and/or general rules of any Sponsor property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Giveaway Entities are not responsible for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the prize; participation in this Giveaway or in any activity or travel related thereto or from any interaction with, or downloading of, computer Giveaway information.
9. PARTICIPANT OBLIGATIONS: By participating in the Giveaway, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to release and hold Coats & Clark and their agents and affiliates harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, actions and liabilities of any kind in connection with the Giveaway or receipt or redemption of the prize. The winner assumes all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, by participating in the Giveaway or use or redemption of the prize. Any disputes that may arise hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of North Carolina without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Venue with respect to any such disputes shall be had in the state and federal courts of the State of North Carolina.
11. SPONSOR: Coats & Clark, Inc., 3430 Toringdon Way, Suite 301, Charlotte, NC 28273