Tassels are everywhere this summer! I’ve seen them on bags, shirts, key fobs and blankets. One idea has caught my eye more than once, tasseled sandals! I found some cute, strappy sandals and decided to give them a boho chic makeover.
Let’s get started!
- Strappy sandals
- Aunt Lydia’s crochet thread in Fashion 3 or Classic 10
- Susan Bates 2” Steel yarn needle (14081)
- Cardstock or cardboard, cut to 3” x 2” (7.5 x 5 cm)
Aunt Lydia’s Fashion 3
65 Warm Teal
Aunt Lydia’s Classic 10
422 Golden Yellow
493 French Rose
487 Dark Royal
1. Cut a 2 yard length of thread. Wrap it around your cardstock.
3. Cut end opposite the tie; remove from cardstock.
7. Keep making tassels in different color combinations until you have enough to go around the ankle section of your sandals. For both options I made 3 of each color, with a main color and contrasting color for the ties and wrap parts.
8. Tie your tassels directly on the leather strap, or make loops and slip them on after pulling the strap free of the first ankle loop. I tried both ways after not being happy with my first color pattern. I would recommend tying them on, so they stay in place easier.
Here are my finished sandals!
Get creative with your placement, I added an extra tassel to the top of one sandal for extra fun.