Team Red Heart attended Stitches East a couple weeks ago and while there we had a number of requests to come visit various Knit and Crochet Guilds in 2013. Those that saw the new yarns we had were so excited, they couldn’t wait to get back and show their other members. These are guilds with over 100 members that attend; we aren’t counting those members that do not attend regularly. This is a great opportunity for these stitchers to see all the new yarns and colors we are presenting, play with them and see what creation is calling to them.
That is what I will be working on tonight, one of the newer Boutique yarns. When I see and feel a new yarn, I like to let it talk to me … the feel, texture, colors. What stitches would make this yarn really pop? I work stitch swatches before I begin any pattern. Some stitches or stitch patterns work differently with the various textures and/or color stripping. Some yarns are more knitterly than crochet friendly. What I’m working on tonight will be Red Heart Boutique Treasure. This is a soft wool blend yarn that works up in subtle colorations. Each piece, whether knit or crochet, turns out a different coloration with each stitch variation.
Join me tonight for another Red Heart Wednesday Night Stitching Challenge and share your creations. Tell us what you are working on tonight, what music you are listening to, or what are you watching on TV. Let’s see how creative everyone can be.
Here’s how it works!
Beginning September 26, 2012 through December 5, 2012
1. During the Submission Period, visit Red Heart’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/redheartyarns (the “Website”), click on the Wednesday Night Stitching Challenge thumbnail, “Like” the page to become a Fan (if you are not already a Fan), allow the “Wednesday Night Stitching Challenge” application when prompted to “Get App”, and follow the instructions provided to upload and submit your photo. Photo can be uploaded from your local computer files.
2. Once you “Like” the page and get the Wednesday Night Stitching Challenge application, follow the instructions to upload a photo and submit all required information on the registration form.
3. Vote for your favorite projects! You can come back and vote every 24 hours.
4. There will be 5 winners based on which photos receive the most votes. Last day to vote on a photo is December 12, 2012. Winners will be announced on December 14, 2012.
5. Each winner will receive a prize package worth $150.00. Prize Packages will include: Two skeins each of the following yarns: Red Heart Baby Sheen, Team Spirit, With Wool, Celebration, Boutique Sashay, Boutique Ribbons. One Winter Warmers Book, One Kids Winter Warmers Book, Crochet Today! magazine subscription, the following Susan Bates products: Point Protectors, Knit Counter, Steel Yarn Needles, Crochet Hook, Knitting Needles, Heart Shaped Cutter Pendant, Red Heart tape measure, and Red Heart tote bag.
Read Past Weeks Blog Posts
THIS CHALLENGE HAS ENDED.