Here we are, Thanksgiving eve in the US …. Wednesday night and I will be in the kitchen preparing tomorrows’ big feast, and slipping in some stitching later. The family is coming and I need to find places to hide all my yarn, and I’m talking boxes of it. Hmmmmm, maybe I could cover them with a cloth and use as a table. (Don’t let on what I’m doing). I’m not working on a new project tonight, but finishing up some of the things I have in the works. Time to piece together the sweater parts, weave in ends on the throw, maybe add a few more rounds, and I have a few more scarves to make.
This has been an interesting year, some good times, some not so good times, but all in all I’m thankful for each day. Tonight I would like to list the 5 top things I’m thankful for in my life. Please share in the comments what you are thankful for this Thanksgiving.
- I am thankful for my loving family.
- I am thankful for the smiling faces of my grandchildren, their arms around my neck and the joy they bring me.
- I am thankful to have a home … there’s nothing like it after a long day of work or traveling.
- I am thankful to have a job working at something I love. Working with my hands, being creative and able to share with others.
- I am thankful for all the wonderful friendships … this includes all of our Red Heart Facebook family. Working with other creative people brings a smile to my face.
Tonight I’d like to hear from you about all the things you are thankful for. We also want to see all the great projects you are stitching. Who’s stitching tonight? Let’s see those pictures.
Here’s how it works!
Beginning September 26, 2012 through December 5, 2012
1. During the Submission Period, visit Red Heart’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/redheartyarns (the “Website”), click on the Wednesday Night Stitching Challenge thumbnail, “Like” the page to become a Fan (if you are not already a Fan), allow the “Wednesday Night Stitching Challenge” application when prompted to “Get App”, and follow the instructions provided to upload and submit your photo. Photo can be uploaded from your local computer files.
2. Once you “Like” the page and get the Wednesday Night Stitching Challenge application, follow the instructions to upload a photo and submit all required information on the registration form.
3. Vote for your favorite projects! You can come back and vote every 24 hours.
4. There will be 5 winners based on which photos receive the most votes. Last day to vote on a photo is December 12, 2012. Winners will be announced on December 14, 2012.
5. Each winner will receive a prize package worth $150.00. Prize Packages will include: Two skeins each of the following yarns: Red Heart Baby Sheen, Team Spirit, With Wool, Celebration, Boutique Sashay, Boutique Ribbons. One Winter Warmers Book, One Kids Winter Warmers Book, Crochet Today! magazine subscription, the following Susan Bates products: Point Protectors, Knit Counter, Steel Yarn Needles, Crochet Hook, Knitting Needles, Heart Shaped Cutter Pendant, Red Heart tape measure, and Red Heart tote bag.
Read Past Weeks Blog Posts:
THIS CHALLENGE HAS ENDED.