It’s time for holiday travels! If you’re lucky enough to be traveling somewhere, and have another pilot, then there’s plenty of yarn time in your future! I’ve pulled together a list of all the things I travel with in the car when going on a longer holiday trip. I’ve forgotten most of these at one point or another, and hope this list helps keep you crafting!
The list of things-to-not-forget:
- Post-its for keeping track of where you are in a pattern
- Small notebook for notes and ideas
- Pen or pencil, and maybe a highlighter
- Finishing needles (bring more than one, they disappear faster than you’d think)
- Crochet hook, to grab unruly knit stitches
- Stitch markers
- Extra bits of yarn or stitch holders
- Measuring tape or gauge checker
- Row counter
- Something to cut ends with (Small scissors, a cutting pendant, or nail clippers)
- Any notions, like buttons, that you’ll need
- Oh and don’t forget the YARN!
Keep everything in a larger tote, and don’t forget an extra project (or two) – put the right crochet hook or knitting needles to go with the pattern in there too. If you haven’t had time to swatch, bring a few sizes, just in case!
Have I forgotten anything? What else do you put in your “to go” crafting bag?
Olek Car Photo Courtesy of According2g.com